LokalPatriot, in cooperation with the Centre for Creativity at the Museum of Architecture and Design, invites you to a series of regional workshops for stakeholders in the preparation of Local Cultural Programs (LPK).
Fact number 1: Despite the legal obligation from 2013, one fifth of local communities in Slovenia do not have adopted local cultural programs.
Fact number 2: The involvement of participants in the cultural and creative sector (KKS) and non-governmental organizations in the preparation and content of such documents is inadequate.
The purpose of the project is to empower representatives of the cultural and creative sector, non-governmental organizations and local communities for the inclusive preparation of local cultural programs in individual local environments. For this purpose, in the form of consultations and exchange of practices between participants (local communities, public institutions, NGOs, cultural and creative sector, companies) in individual sample environments (Novo mesto, Ptuj, Velenje, Murska Sobota), we will conduct four regional workshops to which we invite interested representatives of local communities with development potential.
The workshops will be aimed at groups of up to twelve people, with one workshop attended by participants from different local backgrounds in the region. The emphasis will be on the inclusion of CCS in LPK. After the regional events, the evaluation of the findings will be presented, followed by the publication of a manual (“How to prepare an LPK in a few steps?”) with recommendations to local communities for the inclusive preparation of the CPS in the LPK.
The workshops will be led by moderators with many years of practical experience in advocacy and preparation of strategic documents:
- Luka Blažič, director of the Miran Jarc Library in Novo mesto, as a member of the commission for the preparation of a strategy in the field of culture in the Municipality of Novo mesto for the period 2021-2030, will present aspects of participation in the local group for the preparation of LPK.
- Mitja Ličen, director of Goga Publishing House and member of the Councils of the Public Book Agency of the Republic of Slovenia and Miran Jarc Library Novo mesto, will focus on examples of CCS involvement in the preparation of local cultural programs. Space supported by the CzK Platform.
- The events will be moderated by Borut Pelko, a long-time associate of LokalPatriot, who himself also has experience in membership in various councils and commissions for the preparation of strategic documents.
The events will take place in four Slovenian cities:
Novo mesto – Tuesday, 8 December 2021, at 11 a.m. at the Simulaker Gallery
- Murska Sobota – between 24 and 28 January 2022 in the Mladinski informativni in kulturni klub Murska Sobota
- Ptuj – between 1 and 4 February 2022 in the Center interesnih dejavnosti Ptuj
- Velenje – between 7 and 11 February 2022 at the Mladinski center Velenje
Interested parties are invited to register for the first event in Novo mesto by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Events will be subject to restrictions and in accordance with measures to stop the spread of coronavirus infections.
Workshops will take place at the following venues:
Simulaker Gallery, 8 December 2021, at 11:00
Mladinski informativni in kulturni klub Murska Sobota, between 24 and 28 January 2022
Center interesnih dejavnosti Ptuj between 1 and 4 February 2022
Mladinski center Velenje, between 7 and 11. February 2022
Part of the following programme:
Creative and cultural organisations co-creating the support environment for sector development