New Praxes, New Tools: Emerging Slovenian Architects
16 Jun, 2022
ANCB The Aedes Metropolitan Laboratory, Christinenstr. 18–19, 10119 Berlin
The Aedes Metropolitan Laboratory lab talk in collaboration with the Slovenian Cultural Centre, SKICA Berlin and the Centre for Creativity, Museum of Architecture and Design (MAO) will explore emerging contemporary Slovenian architecture/urbanism in connection to the German discourse.
New Praxes, New Tools wants to introduce a new generation of architects in Slovenia to a German audience. Ten Slovene contemporary architectural practices, selected by curators Mika Cimolini and Matevž Čelik, have found new ways of establishing their approaches against the background of shifts in the way we think about the mission of architecture, how it relates to society, to ecology, and to the organization of space. Increasingly, architects have become mediators between users and space, custodians of heritage, and spatial activists who solve complex organizational and spatial problems.
The lab talk will focus on the process of (co-)producing shared spaces such as public space, educational space, and the open space of the landscape as well as strategies to actively engage the public in the process of spatial planning. This includes the activation of public space and in-between spaces in the city. Furthermore, the lab talk will examine social and material sustainability and architecture as a product of equal collaboration between architects, clients, and contractors to achieve a liveable and healthy environment as a common goal.
Ten architects from Slovenia will present their work in short 10 x 10 impulse statements, followed by a dialogue between two moderators involving the Slovenian architects who are joined by German Front-Row Peers and a public audience.
The English-language event will take place on-site. Admittance is free.
The Berlin Chamber of Architects and Slovene Chamber of architects will award professional development points for attendance.
Thursday, 16 June 2022
Hans-Jürgen Commerell, Director, ANCB The Aedes Metropolitan Laboratory, Berlin
- Mika Cimolini, Head of Programme of the Centre for Creativity, MAO Slovenia
- Theresa Keilhacker, President, Berlin Chamber of Architects
- Andraž Keršič, architect / co-founder, a2o2
- Davorin Počivašek, architect / co-founder, Arhitekti Počivašek Petranovič
- Ambrož Bartol, architect / co-founder, ELEMENTARNA
- Emil Jurcan, architect, Pula, Croatia
- Matic Vrabič, architect / co-founder, Mertelj Vrabič Arhitekti
- Goran Jakovac, landscape architect and photographer, Pazi!park
- Maša Cvetko, architect / co-founder, Prostorož
- Bika Rebek, architect/ cofounder and Ngozi Olojede, strategist, Some Place Studio
- Ana Kreč, architect / co-founder, svet vmes, Ljubljana
- Jure Grohar, architect / co-founder, Vidic Grohar Arhitekti
Moderated by: Theresa Keilhacker and Mika Cimolini.